Named one of the world’s most beautiful places by National Geographic, Cannon Beach, Oregon, is a popular vacation destination that attracts more than 750,000 visitors each year. This picturesque oceanfront town encompasses a 4-mile stretch of sand that is surrounded by breathtaking forests, beaches, rivers, and mountains and is also home to a variety of well-known art galleries, gourmet wine shops, State Parks, and world-class restaurants. There are so many fun things to do in Cannon Beach, and when you stay with Starfish Vacation Rentals, you’ll be just minutes away from all of the action! Here are some of our favorite ways to spend a day at the beach.
5 Fun Things To Do in Cannon Beach
- Indulge at Bruce’s Candy Kitchen: If you have a sweet tooth, Bruce’s Candy Kitchen is a must-see when visiting Cannon Beach. Since 1963, this family-owned and operated candy shop has been making homemade salt water taffy, creamy caramels, hand-dipped chocolates, and crunchy brittles that are sure to satisfy any craving. They even ship their delectable goodies nationwide, so you can enjoy a piece of the Oregon Coast long after you leave.
- Explore Ecola State Park: From picnicking and surfing to hiking and wildlife viewing, Ecola State Park offers a variety of outdoor recreational activities during any time of year. Visitors can also enjoy spectacular scenery including lush, green forests, coastal mountains, and grassy bluffs that overlook the Pacific. Keep your eyes peeled for migrating gray whales in the winter and spring!
- Go Horseback Riding: Sea Ranch Stables offers spectacular tours that take guests along Cannon Beach on horseback. Their sunset night rides are ideal for a romantic evening with a loved one, and the Haystack Rock ride offers unparalleled views of the famous 235-foot sea stack. For a longer journey, take their Cove Beach to Chapman Point tour and enjoy a full day of incredible sightseeing.
- Visit Cannon Beach Distillery: Open daily from noon to 6 PM, visitors can head to the Cannon Beach Distillery and taste their award-winning spirits right onsite. This unique facility ferments, distills, matures, and bottles all of their beverages in-house and uses only the finest crafting techniques to create high-quality products. Cheers!
- Dine at the Lazy Susan Cafe: One of the best restaurants in Cannon Beach, the Lazy Susan Cafe is an area staple that offers a cozy atmosphere, friendly waitstaff, and scrumptious meals right in Coaster Square. Visitor favorites include the traditional eggs benedict, gingerbread pear waffles, and crunchy marionberry scones. Yum!
Plan Your Getaway With Starfish Vacation Rentals
If you’re searching for the perfect homestead in Cannon Beach, we’ve got you covered! Our Pacific House vacation home is located on the south end of the beach and boasts a spacious deck, luxurious bedrooms, and stunning ocean views. Or, enjoy a getaway in our Sea Star rental, where you and your family can cozy up in front of the fireplace, have a BBQ on the deck, or watch the sunset on the beach, just a half a block down the street. Wherever you choose to stay, we guarantee that coming home to one of our rentals will be the perfect ending to your day at the beach!
For more information on fun things to do in Cannon Beach, check out our blog about places to see on the Oregon Coast.
Photo Credit: Siri Stafford | Thinkstock