We would like the Starfish Vacation Rentals experience to be a positive one for all our guests and homeowners alike. Our homes are meticulously furnished, cleaned, and maintained to ensure that you enjoy your vacation to the fullest. The following is a summary of our Terms and Conditions.
COVID-19 modified cancellation policy for reservations made after May 3, 2020 for reservations commencing between May 15th, 2020 and March 31, 2021:
Our standard cancellation policy has been modified to allow for a full credit towards a future stay for any date within 12 months of your current arrival date. Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com and must be received at least seven days prior to your arrival date. Credit is good for use on the property originally reserved. Credit may be used for one reschedule and you do not need to select your future date of stay immediately to make this election.
For reservations made prior to May 3, 2020, the terms of your signed contract govern the cancellation policy for your reservation.
- CHECK-IN and CHECK-OUT: Plan to arrive at your vacation home at or after 4:00 pm on your arrival date. You’re welcome to stay until 11:00 am on your last day. Sometimes we can make adjustments to these times, but we must receive your request at least 24 hours ahead of your check-in so we can make the necessary adjustments with our team. If other guests have reserved your home right before or after your stay, unfortunately we can’t accommodate any change in our normal times.
Our housekeepers often have to clean multiple homes within a set timeframe. Please respect their schedule and depart by your designated check-out time. If they must wait to enter the home, your rate will be the greater of one day’s rental fee or $20 per each fifteen (15) minutes of wait time.
- PAYMENTS: A deposit equal to 30% of the full rental amount is required in order to secure a reservation. We accept credit card or e-check payments. Should a payment be returned for insufficient funds or other reason, $25 fee will be added to your balance. The remaining balance is due 60 days prior to your arrival date and will be charged to the payment method on file.
- CANCELLATIONS: Once your reservation is confirmed, any cancellations, changes of dates, or switching of properties will invoke the following cancellation policy:
- Cancellations requested 60 days or more prior to arrival will be refunded less a $100 cancellation fee and the reservation fee which is non-refundable.
- Cancellations requested within 60 days of arrival will not be refunded unless the dates are successfully re-rented. If we are able to re-rent your dates but at less than the full amount of your reservation, your refund will be prorated to reflect the difference of the lower rental rate. Any refund will be subject to a $100 cancellation fee and the reservation fee is non-refundable.
- If you booked through a third party booking site (such as Vrbo) your reservation may be subject to that channel’s terms and conditions if they differ from Starfish Vacation Rentals.
- COVID-19 modified cancellation policy for reservations made after May 3, 2020 for reservations commencing between May 15 – July 15, 2020: Our standard cancellation policy has been modified to allow for a full credit towards a future stay for any date within 12 months of your current arrival date. Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received at least seven days prior to your arrival date. Credit is good for use on the property originally reserved. Credit may be used for one reschedule and you do not need to select your future date of stay immediately to make this election.
- We do not refund payments or adjust your reserved dates for weather-related events or other acts of God beyond our control.
- We strongly encourage you to purchase CSA Travel Insurance as detailed in Section 4.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: Your reservation comes with the option to purchase CSA Travel Insurance, which reimburses you for prepaid, nonrefundable expenses should something go wrong before or during your vacation due to a covered event. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. If declined, you acknowledge that you’ve read and understand our cancellation policy and choose not to purchase Vacation Rental Insurance on behalf of all occupants.
PROPERTY PROTECTION PLAN: A non-refundable Property Protection Plan has been included in the price of your reservation. The Property Protection Plan protects you from being charged for a portion of accidental loss or damage that may occur during your occupancy. You remain responsible for any damage, repair, or replacement expenses exceeding the amount of $1,000.
Please note that the Property Protection Plan is not an insurance policy. It does not negate your responsibility for all members of your party as a primary renter, and we expect you to leave the property in appropriate condition.
It does not pay for any of the following:
- Intentional or negligent destruction
- Pet-related accidents or damage such as damage to wood floors or carpeting that must be cleaned or replaced
- Damage due to smoking
- Property damage resulting from motorized vehicle or watercraft use
- Additional cleaning if the home is left excessively dirty
- Invoices associated with your rental that may be presented subsequent to your occupancy.
The Property Protection Plan Fee is offered, administered, and funded solely by Starfish Vacation Rentals, LLC, and it is solely authorized to determine the nature, extent, and expense associated with any damage. The maximum aggregate amount of accidental damage that is covered by this Property Protection Plan Fee is $1,000.
We administer all waivers of loss or damage and have sole authority to determine the nature and extent of the damages, necessary repairs, and eligibility for the waiver of liability. You must report any theft or damage to the property or its contents prior to check-out. If we don’t hear from you about it by then, the protection plan will be null and void. We’ll notify you about any excess damage costs in writing within 72 hours. You have the right to disagree with our assessment or explain the damages within 72 hours of notification. Otherwise your credit card will automatically be charged for the loss or damage. Guests who refuse to pay for loss or damage by pursuing a chargeback of their credit card will be subject to all the legal remedies available to Managing Agency, including Small Claims Court (or Superior Court if the damages are within the jurisdiction of the higher court).
By paying your reservation fee, you assume full responsibility for any items found to be missing after your departure from the home, along with any damage due to misuse, negligence, or action on your or your visitors’ part, except in the case of normal wear and tear that you report to us within 24 hours of checking in to the property.
PROHIBITIONS: The following are not allowed on our properties:
- Smoking of ANY SUBSTANCE inside any structure. (At some of our properties, smoking may be prohibited anywhere on the property due to homeowner preference). Any smoke-related abatement efforts or clean-up of cigarette butts in the yard will result in additional cleaning charges.
- Pets of any kind. (We have some pet-friendly homes. Those require advance notification and an additional pet fee.)
- Additional guests beyond the number listed on your confirmation, without prior written
- Vacationing students or individuals under 25 years of age, unless accompanied by an adult
guardian or parent or with prior written consent.
- Unattended burning candles.
- Hazardous materials (except customary cleaning and fertilizing substances), explosives, or illegal
- Entry into locked areas.
- Parties, events, and gatherings of any kind that result in additional individuals on the property
beyond the number listed on your confirmation, without prior written consent.
- MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: Each home has a maximum guest number allowed. Your reservation
must reflect accurately the number of guests in your party. One child under the age of two is not counted in the guest count.
- MINIMUM STAY: Our homes require a minimum stay of two or three nights, depending on the time of year. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods or high season.
- NO DAILY MAID SERVICE: Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate, but it is available
at an additional rate.
- FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit, and/or rental money, and the guest will not be permitted to check in.
- PARKING: Our properties offer different parking scenarios. Each one comes with specific parking
instructions to follow. In most cases, this includes specification of the maximum number of vehicles allowed by the rental permit. Starfish Vacation Rentals must strictly enforce the specified parking allowance.
- PET POLICY: Pet-friendly homes require advance notice and payment of pet fee. Pet owners
agree to not leave their dogs unattended while away from the home (crating is fine) and keep them off furniture and beds. Also, we ask that guests clean up any droppings in the yard or surrounding areas upon departure. Owners are responsible for any damage/repairs resulting from their pets.
- INTERNET/ELECTRONICS: We’re pleased to offer Wi-Fi connections at all our properties for
guests to use. Most of our properties also offer cable service. However, we’re not responsible for any interruption or loss of access, data loss, or distortion. There will be no refund or rent reduction for direct or indirect damages due to service interruption, loss, or poor quality.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY; INDEMNITY OF PROPERTY OWNERS AND MANAGERS: Guest hereby specifically acknowledges and agrees that the property owners, managers, and their agents are not and will not be liable to guest or guest’s invitee, co-occupant, agent, or others under a guest’s control or supervision for any injuries, death, damages, and/or losses occasioned by or from the use of the property, or due to any design, mechanical, or construction defects, if any, of the property, or due to any property or service provided or made available by property owners or managers, or for any injury or damage occasioned by water coming into the property from any source whatsoever, or for any damage or injury to persons or property arising from any acts or neglect of the other occupants of, or any other persons in, on, or adjacent to the property or of any adjacent property occupants, of the public, or of property owners or managers.
Guest, on behalf of itself and its invitees, co-occupants, agents, or others under a guest’s control or supervision, expressly waives and releases the property owners and managers from liability for all such claims.
Guest, on behalf of itself and its invitees, co-occupants, agents, or others under guest’s control or supervision, expressly and voluntarily assumes all risk of death, personal injury, or loss of or damage to property, sustained while participating in the performance of the agreement whether or not caused by the negligence of the property owners or managers.
In the event the property owners, managers, or their agents are made a party to a claim or a suit regarding the property or its use, guest agrees to hold harmless, indemnify, and defend such parties from all claims, liabilities, damages, actions, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of such matters.