At Starfish Vacation Rentals, we recognize these are uncertain times and we are all adjusting to a “new normal.” While the COVID-19 virus interrupted our ability to welcome guests to our vacation rentals for a period of time, it has not altered the Starfish mission of delivering the very best vacation experiences filled with lasting memories of time spent with friends and family. We are so thrilled to be able to welcome you back to the Oregon Coast.
We have adjusted our cancellation policy in case of any future travel bans or restrictions. We want to be sure that you feel as comfortable and secure as possible when planning and booking your vacation.
In addition, we have implemented additional programs that will enhance your stay with us. We want to assure you that safety is our top priority, and we will do all that we can to help prevent the spread of this virus across our rental properties to keep our guests, owners and our Starfish Vacation Rentals team safe!
To that end, we have been, and will continue to monitor the situation and follow all guidelines put in place by The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition to our usual focus on exceptionally clean homes and guest safety, here’s what Starfish is doing to keep our properties in top shape:
For our guests and homeowners:
- Cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces and common areas (tables, chairs, doorknobs, light switches, remotes, desks, sinks, etc.) based on recommendations from the CDC.
- Rigorous laundering schedule – all bedding including comforters and blankets washed between each reservation. Decorative bedding is removed to minimize linens to only those that are necessary.
- Using disinfectant cleaning solutions following the approved products list found here.
- We use a KEYLESS entry, so you don’t need to interact with ANYONE upon arriving or departing.
- Guests may be asked to vacate at 10am instead of our standard 11am time to allow extra time for enhanced cleaning procedures.
For our team:
- Limiting close-contact interaction between team members.
- Asking anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms to stay home.
- Switching to remote (from home) work for as many employees as possible.
- PPE will be worn by all personnel while in properties.
- Dedicated vacuum cleaners and cleaning equipment for each property will be provided.
We are prepared to make additional alterations to our daily procedures, should the need arise, and will continue to monitor the situation and keep you up to date with any changes. As we move forward, the most effective way to stay healthy and minimize the spread of infectious disease is to follow basic best health practices.
We appreciate you choosing to book your vacation with us, and we’re praying that all of our guests stay safe and healthy during this time. If you have questions in regards to the coronavirus, please reach out to your healthcare provider, the Oregon Health Authority, or the CDC website.