At Starfish Vacation Rentals, we recognize these are uncertain times and we are all adjusting to a “new normal.” While the COVID-19 virus has interrupted our ability to welcome guests to our vacation rentals currently, it has not altered the Starfish mission of delivering the very best vacation experiences filled with lasting memories of time spent with friends and family. We will travel again and we can’t wait to welcome you to the Oregon Coast.
In the meantime, we are using this pause to implement additional programs that will enhance your stay with us. We want to assure you that safety is our top priority, and we will do all that we can to help prevent the spread of this virus across our rental properties to keep our guests, owners and our Starfish Vacation Rentals team safe!
COVID-19 modified cancellation policy for reservations made after May 3, 2020 for reservations commencing between May 15 – July 15, 2020:
Our standard cancellation policy has been modified to allow for a full credit towards a future stay for any date within 12 months of your current arrival date. Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received at least seven days prior to your arrival date. Credit is good for use on the property originally reserved. Credit may be used for one reschedule and you do not need to select your future date of stay immediately to make this election.
For reservations made prior to May 3, 2020, the terms of your signed contract govern the cancellation policy for your reservation.
To that end, we have been, and will continue to monitor the situation and follow all guidelines put in place by The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition to our usual focus on exceptionally clean homes and guest safety, here’s what Starfish is doing to keep our properties in top shape:
For our guests and homeowners:
- Cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces and common areas (tables, chairs, doorknobs, light switches, remotes, desks, sinks, etc.) based on recommendations from the CDC.
- Rigorous laundering schedule – all bedding including comforters and blankets washed between each reservation. Decorative bedding is removed to minimize linens to only those that are necessary.
- Using disinfectant cleaning solutions following the approved products list found here.
- We use a KEYLESS entry, so you don’t need to interact with ANYONE upon arriving or departing.
- Guests may be asked to vacate at 10am instead of our standard 11am time to allow extra time for enhanced cleaning procedures.
For our team:
- Limiting close-contact interaction between team members.
- Asking anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms to stay home.
- Switching to remote (from home) work for as many employees as possible.
- PPE will be worn by all personnel while in properties.
- Dedicated vacuum cleaners and cleaning equipment for each property will be provided.
We are prepared to make additional alterations to our daily procedures, should the need arise, and will continue to monitor the situation and keep you up to date with any changes. As we move forward, the most effective way to stay healthy and minimize the spread of infectious disease is to follow basic best health practices.
We appreciate you choosing to book your vacation with us, and we’re praying that all of our guests stay safe and healthy during this time. If you have questions in regards to the coronavirus, please reach out to your healthcare provider, the Oregon Health Authority, or the CDC website.