The kids are off school, the days are getting longer, and the weather is finally starting to be a bit more predictable.
What better time for a family vacation than Spring Break? And the perfect place for family adventure, relaxation, and outdoor beauty is the Oregon Coast!
We’ve handpicked four great homes that provide all sorts of amenities so you can get right down to the business of having fun together.
1. Rancho del Mar, Arch Cape
4 Bedrooms / 2.5 Bathrooms
Rancho del Mar in Arch Cape is the ultimate family home! It’s got just the right mix of amenities and luxury to deliver an awesome vacation with the kids! Plus it’s just a block to an amazing beach with mountain-fed streams, small rocks, and logs – all the essentials for building the ultimate sandcastle for guaranteed hours of fun! Take a quick walk down to the secluded coastline to pass through Arch Cape’s famous arch at the south end and explore Hug Point at the north end of the beach. Back at the house, you’ll appreciate the following features:
- Heated floors – your feet will love these!
- Surround sound and 47” HDTV – select a movie from the home’s DVD collection or enjoy streaming Netflix, Hulu, and Pandora
- Convenient outdoor hot/cold shower that makes beach cleanup a snap
- Toys, books, puzzles and family-friendly board games for rainy day fun
- Kids even get their very own lounge and bunk room with four beds!
- In the evening gather everyone around the glowing fire pit on the deck to roast marshmallows, watch the sunset over the ocean, and count stars in the sky.
2. Starfish Cove, Rockaway Beach
2 Bedrooms / 2.5 Bathrooms
One of our Rockaway Beach favorites, Starfish Cove, is only steps from the beach with lots of toys and games for the kids.
This house screams FUN for families with young kids. You’ll find it stocked with tons of toys (inside toys and beach toys too) for both kids and parents, like:
- A balcony with partial ocean views
- 65 inch television with DVD player, perfect for family movie night
- Lots of board games for all
- Just steps from the perfect beach day in your backyard
3. Stone’s Throw, Manzanita
6 Bedrooms / 3 Bathrooms
Oceanfront views don’t get any better than this! Stone’s Throw is the ultimate multi-generational home. It’s got a massive kitchen with every imaginable gadget for cooking together, and two family rooms so no one feels crowded. Plus from the ocean-facing deck you get a 180 degree view of the expansive and uncluttered Manzanita coastline.
Just a two minute walk and you’ll be exploring downtown Manzanita with its boutique shops, farm-to-table restaurants, and art galleries featuring local talent.
Here are just a few things that make Stone’s Throw special:
- A large fenced backyard with 6-person hot tub
- A foosball table and game room for hours of friendly competition
- A closet filled with table games and puzzles (In case it rains…right?)
- Pet-friendly for up to two dogs so you can bring your four-legged family members too
4. Modern Love, Arch Cape
2 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms
Modern Love — enjoy a retro home with all of the modern comforts you could imagine. With a game room for the kids (and the adults), you can expect hours of fun and friendly competition.
Here’s some of the home’s highlights:
- Perfect for entertaining both indoors and on the outdoor patio
- Premium Cable channels and Wifi
- Short walk to the beach where more fun can be had! (sandcastles, kite flying, and much more)
Family-Friendly Activities on the Oregon Coast
Once you’ve picked the perfect vacation rental, it’s time to plan your trip! If you’re looking for adventure, be sure to read our Spring Break faves. No matter which home you choose to stay in, you won’t be far from some of the coast’s best family-friendly activities in the area:
- Seaside Aquarium – Feeding the seals is always a highlight and the opportunities to get up close with the animals makes it just right for the little ones.
- Tillamook Cheese Factory – Take a free, self-guided tour around the factory and bring your appetite!
- Nehalem Bay – Go crabbing and kayaking in one of the coast’s most beautiful bays!
- Rent 3-wheeled bikes from Bahama Mama’s and cruise around on the sand.
Whether you have a question about the area or are ready to book, we’re here to help. Give us a call at 503-297-4090, and we’ll help you find the home that’s just right for your next escape to the Oregon Coast.